A change was made recently to the websites (U.S.) for GM dealer services, tools and equipment that will make it easier and more convenient for GM dealerships to shop for tools and equipment, order supplies and check GM guidelines. To enhance efficiency and reduce website complexity, the GM Dealer Services website DESdealerservices.com has been integrated into the recently updated GM Dealer Equipment website GMDEsolutions.com.
GM Dealerships and Fleet customers can log in to the updated Dealer Equipment website using their Dealer/Warranty Fleet BAC and zip/postal code to see dealer-specific pricing and content. (Fig. 1)
More Information on One Website
The updated GMDEsolutions.com website (Fig. 2) includes:
- An online catalog of GM-approved dealership equipment
- Green products that are part of the GM Green Dealer program that can help reduce operation costs and improve efficiency.
- Techline IT Solutions, including business-grade hardware and other product offerings, and the GM IT Standards
- Warranty Solutions, including GM warranty claims processing service and management workshops.
- Wurth shop supplies and products
- Office supplies from Office Depot/OfficeMax
GM IT Standards
Be sure to check the GM Dealer Infrastructure Guidelines for the latest recommendations from GM before purchasing any computer equipment. Techline applications require specific specifications in order to function properly in the dealership environment. Techline will only support PCs that meet GM IT guidelines.
To view the latest guidelines:
- Log in to GMDEsolutions.com
- Select Techline IT Solutions from the Dealer Services tab. (Fig. 3)
- Select the GM IT Standards link
- Select the Guidelines link to view the GM Dealer Infrastructure Guidelines for technology requirements for dealer data communications or the Security Guidelines link to view the GM Dealer Security Guidelines for dealer data management. (Fig. 4)
Special Service Tools
Special tools and essential tools are still available through gmtoolsandequipment.com, including diagnostic tools such as the MDI 2 as well as software downloads to update a variety of special tools, such as the Active Fuel Injector Tester (AFIT) and GR8 Battery Service Tool.
– Thanks to Lisa Scott